Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Dark Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies



Baking makes me giddy. Or perhaps it’s the promise of sugar consumption. Either way, it’s euphoric. And I like the look of bliss that passes on people’s faces when they bite into the baked goodies. 

Image from the theoatmeal.com

The way I see it, food brings people together. It goes something like this:
“I love food!”
“OMG so do I!”
“Then let’s eat!”

At this point I imagine a gigantic feast spontaneously appearing in front of person1 and person2, which prompts them to immediately start stuffing their faces.

Squirrels and chipmunks are just amazing at stuffing their faces. I can only wish to reach their level one day.

I heart cookies. I could eat 9 cookies and still easily convince myself that I’ve barely eaten 4, and that I can at least eat 2 (think 4) more. To follow my logic, just half the amount you've eaten (rounding down naturally) to get the actual amount. I doublethink.

Anyway, cookies are a sort of guiltless guilty pleasure… better not look too closely at that statement.

Today’s cookie recipe is not one for subtle flavors. Nope, not one bit.  It’s consists of chocolate, chocolate, more chocolate, and peanut butter; All in a compact little package. Tiny but mighty I like to say.


I had a blast passing these around. They were explosive. They were the bomb. They went out with a bang. (hehe see what I did there?)

And now… The recipe! I got it from bakerella.com specifically here.

Dark Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa
3/4 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter slightly softened
1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
10 oz. dark chocolate chips


  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (or for the temperature-challenged, around 180 degrees C)
  2. In a small bowl, mix flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt using a wire whisk and set aside.
  3. In another bowl, cream butter, peanut butter, and sugar together until light and fluffy.
  4. Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
  5. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture and mix until combined.
  6. Stir in dark chocolate chips.
  7. Roll cookie dough into 1-1/4 inch balls.
  8. Place on parchment paper covered baking sheet.
  9. Bake 10 minutes.
  10. Place on cookie rack to cool.
Makes about 30 2-inch cookies




Happy Baking!

7 comments:

  1. this was actually very yummy! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know by now not to doubt the yumminess of my food ;) Anytime Chantal

      Delete
  2. I would like to salute you for your writing... you make me want to try the recipes when you describe them... they seem to be the best food ever... I don't know like food from another world or something.. Go on and write write write!!! waiting for more of your feasts (words and food ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your feedback and opinion mean a lot to me :) I plan on writing for a long time... Until my thought well dries up ;)

      Delete
    2. I sure hope that that well will not dry up any time soon :) looking forward to reading you again

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Give it a try! They're addictive little things

      Delete