Sunday, January 27, 2013

Brownies, You Will Be Missed



It’s good to laugh at yourself, healthy. What good does it do to let your mistakes consume you and make you feel stupid or inferior? Mistakes are something to learn from, not dwell on forever.  So I've decided to write a story every time I fail at something and post it here;  An outlet in humor.  I can guarantee that my stories will not be useless whining, but funny. And so I write my first story:

I do so enjoy baking, it’s my one of my favorite hobbies. Imagine my family’s delight at that when all of them compete for the title of the sweetest tooth in the country. We should display a trophy in the house somewhere. Other people brag about their various sports trophies and medals and whatnots. We, on the other hand, would brag about our face-stuffing awards and achievements. That’s just the way of my people.

The other day, I decided to bake brownies. Oh how I love the chewy gooey goodness! I was going to pack some with me to school, and have my friends devour them the next day. Needless to say, I was giddy with excitement. i went through the whole process of mixing and baking them, followed the recipe to the letter. But the way this story ends will break your heart.

Unfortunately, the results were less than favorable. I burnt the brownies horrendously. And it wasn't even because I forgot them in the oven! I used what I previously thought was a baking sheet, but which apparently turned out to be the heat-resisting equivalent of sandwich paper. The bottom half of my precious brownies were burnt into a charcoal-resembling lump, while the top half was underdone.

The mistake was so stupid -I just didn’t check the label- but my silly mistake cost a bunch of brownies their lives. Let’s have a moment of silence in their memory. May the baking gods rest their beautiful brownie souls.

… You will be missed, Brownies…

It wasn't all bad though. My family was surprisingly undeterred! They just went ahead and ate the top half. No one can ever claim we waste chocolate in this house.

No comments:

Post a Comment