Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Miniature Art Part II: Shay Aaron

I am really extremely excited about this one! For the one and only reason that it combines two of my favorite things: Art and Food. Usually this combination make you think of culinary art: food that looks so good it is categorized as food art. But this is something else; This is art that looks so much like food it could be categorized as food art.

This post will be about the work of a jewelry artist named Shay Aaron. He makes handmade miniature polymer clay sculptures of food with a 1:12 scale. The Sculptures are so lifelike you could just eat 'em up. This reminds me of this one time when I was a kid: the first time I beheld clay, I thought to myself "Jeez that stuff must be DELICIOUS!" and proceeded to stuff some into my mouth. Needless to say I wasn't the brightest kid on the block (No matter what my mother tries to tell me). But I digress, my point was that these will make grown ups want to eat clay, not just confused 5-year-olds who JUST WANTED TO EXPERIENCE NEW THINGS DAMMIT, no need to fuss over them for hours.


Chocolate Chip Cookie Earings




The sheer amount of work it takes to make these things look so lifelike is just astounding. It may look simple and easy, but as you can see, it takes a bucket-load of patience to complete the simplest-looking parts.






Strawberry Cupcake Earings



Oreo Necklace!



Look at your finger. Now look at the picture. Now look back at your finger. Woah.

I've always wanted to make a rainbow cake.

Making the white lines in the salmon must have been excruciating. 




                               

So. Much. Work. Just a tomato!

More tomatoes!


I heart sushi.


Even hummus and stuff ^_^





No comments:

Post a Comment